ITN Mark Education has a robust recruitment and selection process.
You'll find our policies at the bottom of the page
We have a central compliance team with over 15 years of experience of providing a reliable and cost effective service.
Rest assured that we strictly follow all compliance regulations and legislative requirements.
We also invest a great deal in reviewing child protection and safer recruitment practices and do everything necessary before sending staff to a school. The team vets every candidate thoroughly before we offer them any work we also ensure all checks remain current by repeat checking at appropriate intervals. All our candidates undergo the following checks and have to provide all relevant original documentation which we verify before we clear them for work.
We conduct a face-to-face interview with every candidate and require:
- Referee details to undertake professional references covering a minimum of two years
- A full ten-year employment history with no gaps
- Proof of identity
- An enhanced DBS disclosure
- Proof of address using DBS list of acceptable documents
- Entitlement to work in the UK
- Original qualifications documents checked
- Visa requirements (where applicable)
- Overseas police check (where applicable)
We then carry out a:
- QTS check (where applicable)
- NQT induction status (where applicable) via the TRA website
- Prohibition and sanctions check via the TRA website
- A self declaration of fitness to work
- A disqualification by association declaration (when applicable)
Furthermore, we expect all our candidates to undertake an online safeguarding test, and we issue them with the latest version of Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2018).
The DBS Update Service
Candidates can now subscribe to the DBS Update Service for an annual fee of £13 (this is not mandatory), which allows us to check records online every six months and eliminates the need for multiple disclosures by the candidate. It also allows our candidates to take the certificate from one job to the next (providing it is the same workforce) and view the organisations who have checked the status of their certificate.
Irrespective of whether a candidate needs single or multiple checks, our compliance team will be able to support and assist them.
There is more information here www.gov.uk/dbs
Contact the Compliance Team:
ITN Mark Education holds itself to a very high standard of customer service and safeguarding, we believe in a clear and transparent disclosure of our polices to our clients and candidates, below are links to our most commonly requested policies, if you wish to receive a copy of a policy and you don’t see it listed here, please feel free to contact our compliance team.
New for May 2018 - GDPR and Data Policies:
- Download ITN Mark Education's Client Privacy Statement
- Download ITN Mark Education's Candidate Privacy Statement
- Download ITN Mark Education's Data Retention Policy
Standard Policies for Clients and Candidates:
- Download ITN Mark Education's Safeguarding Policy
- Download ITN Mark Education's Complaints Policy
- Download ITN Mark Education's Allegation and Referral Policy
- Download ITN Mark Education's Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
- Download ITN Mark Education's Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
- Download ITN Mark Education's Modern Slavery Policy
- Download ITN Mark Education's Training and Development Policy