Accessability Links

Teaching Jobs Abroad

Overseas Trained Teachers (OTT) are welcomed by British schools that appreciate the fresh perspectives they bring to the teaching profession and the opportunity they provide for pupils to meet someone with a different life experience. Teaching in the UK is a challenging and rewarding move.

There are a variety of exciting opportunities available - all you need is commitment, good classroom skills and an understanding of the National Curriculum.

Your first step towards teaching in the UK is to get in touch with our international team on +44 (0)161 362 4460 or 

Why work through ITN Mark Education?

The key word is 'service'. At ITN Mark we aim to provide a service that is synonymous with quality and integrity. Every year, we help more than 500 internationally trained teachers find that all important role in a British school. With offices throughout the UK, we offer a huge range of opportunities across qualified teaching, support staff and special needs positions.

We take the time to understand your needs and to find positions that suit you - it's all about individual experience. Whether you want to work as a supply (substitute or relief) teacher, take a position for a term or more or move to a permanent position, we will find the right match.

We invest in finding the right people to support you through this big move. Many of our education consultants have overseas teaching experience so fully appreciate what’s involved.

What are our teacher benefits?

ITN Mark offers a tailored benefits package to ensure the smoothest possible transition to working in the UK:

  • A personal consultant at home and in the UK
  • A free ‘Hit the Mark’ relocation package (containing UK mobile SIM card, guide to living and working in the UK, London Transport (Oyster) card and A to Z map)
  • Free professional development courses
  • Free networking events
  • Help opening a UK bank account
  • Accommodation and local area advice
  • Internet and resource access
  • Expert career and CV/resume advice
  • Discounted tours and travel to complete your European experience
  • Pay in partnership with our external payroll partner to maximise and increase your weekly earnings
  • A comprehensive induction to living and working in the UK

To work in the UK you will need to provide:

  • An up-to-date, comprehensive teaching CV with no gaps, covering the last 10 years
  • A valid passport
  • A valid UK employment visa (where applicable)
  • Your original qualification
  • Two passport sized photos
  • An up-to-date enhanced DBS check (UK police clearance)
  • Overseas police clearance (from your country of origin any others you have lived in for longer than six months)
  • Contact details of two professional referees from the last two years
  • Proof of application for provisional General Teaching Council (GTC) registration
  • Proof of your current address (Bank statement or utility/phone bill)

Eligibility to work in the UK

Legislation governing entry to and working in the UK is subject to frequent change. This is particularly the case in the teaching profession, where there are recognised shortages in certain areas. For more information, please visit the UK Visa Bureau

For more information about positions available, please contact our international team on +44 (0)161 362 4460 or